GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH MORE THAN I NEED. I’M RICH.
I WILL NOT TRUST IN MY RICHES,
BUT IN HIM WHO RICHLY PROVIDES.
BECAUSE I HAVE MORE,
I WILL GIVE MORE AND ______ MORE.
WE ARE NOT SAVED _________ GOOD WORKS,
BUT SAVED _________ GOOD WORKS.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10
MY GOOD DEEDS
SHOULD POINT TO _________ , NOT _________ .
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
MUST HELP OTHERS IN THE WAY THEY _________ IT,
NOT IN THE WAY I _________ TO GIVE IT.
…Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. Acts 10:38 NLT
If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.
WILL GLORIFY GOD THROUGH HIS _________ .
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another… Hebrews 10:24-25
…And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. Acts 4:33-34
God has blessed me with more than I need. I’m rich. I will not trust in riches, but in Him who richly provides. Because I have more, I will give more and do more.
• Describe a time when God used you to make a difference in someone else’s life.
• How can your good deeds point to God and not to you?
• Talk about what you’re doing or want to do to serve in the church to make a difference.
With your Bible, read and discuss 1 Timothy 6:17-18, Ephesians 2:8-10, and Matthew 5:14-16.
• How has God equipped you with talents and abilities to carry out good works?
• When you help others, do you tend to help others in the way they need it or in the way you want to give it? Explain.
• What do you think it would like for you to serve others outside of your comfort zone? How do you think it would affect you?
• How have the good deeds of others in your church helped you spiritually and in times of need?
• What’s one good deed you’ll commit to doing this week to help someone else?
DAILY BIBLE READINGS
Take steps to become rich in doing good deeds by reading and talking about the following Bible passages this week.
Day 1: 1 Timothy 6:17-18
Day 2: Ephesians 2:1-10
Day 3: Matthew 5:13-16
Day 4: Acts 10:34-38
Day 5: Matthew 5:38-42
Day 6: Hebrews 10:23-25
Day 7: Acts 4:32-35